We are primarily responsible for developing, integrating, and deploying the central administrative systems that support the business processes of the college. These systems collectively provide administrative and academic solutions for the business needs of the campus community and enhance the service to students, faculty, and staff. We pride ourselves in providing customer-friendly services, focusing on efficiency, encouraging innovation, and process improvement, and architecting high quality, secure technology solutions.
- Awards: Web site providing a platform to create and administer an array of Faculty awards. This includes accepting nominations for those awards, assigning committees to review, ranking the award nominees, and recording results of award decisions.
- Course Schedules: Given a year, semester, and unique number range, reads NR-COURSE and downloads a list of courses and information about them into Excel.
- Faculty Database: Web site to view faculty information. Information displayed is gathered from the college and existing sources on campus.
- Graduate Student Database: Website to track graduate students. Information displayed is gathered from the college and existing sources on campus.
- Graduation Application: Web site where Liberal Arts students apply to the Dean’s Office for graduation; includes an employment survey.
- Imaged Documents: Web site of imaged documents by faculty, endowments, and promotion files.
- Official Occasion Expense Form: Web site for departmental staff to provide supplemental information for the Liberal Arts Dean’s Office-Business Affairs office.
- Organized Class Grading Data: Web site that reports on grading data for each faculty member within a department for organized classes from fall 1998 to present. It is currently available to department chairs and staff contacts.
- Scholarships: A student and administrative application process that provides students the ability to apply for scholarships online, and administrators the ability to set up, review, and award scholarship awards online. The application was developed and is maintained in conjunction with the Study Abroad Office and its programming team.
- Special Funding Request: Web site used to track requests for special projects by the departments and centers from Liberal Arts Dean’s Office-Business Affairs office.
Advising and Academic services
- Advisor's Toolkit: Web site providing student profile information for use by advisors. Allows for making notes, sending SANs, and creating SUCCESS agreements.
- Advisor Waitlist: Web site that provides a queuing system for the Advisor's Toolkit. It keeps a list of students that are currently waiting to see an advisor, allows students to be added/updated/deleted from the list, and displays history information of the list.
- Listservs: Automation of a number of e-mail groups, a.k.a. “listservs”, which provide communication to a wide variety Liberal Arts Students, Faculty, and Staff. Mailing lists are used as forums for teaching, collaboration, discussion, entertainment, announcements and more.
- *LAMENU: Mainframe application providing a variety of reports regarding graduation, probation, and course enrollments: most on a semester basis.
- Petitions: Web site providing tools to process and track student academic petitions.
- Reporting Toolkit: Web site to view a list of current students in a particular major or range of majors and to view semester enrollments for courses offered by a department.
- Summer Orientation: Scheduling system used to set up appointments with summer orientation students.